The Greater Hidden Hills Community Development Corporation (GHHCDC) is inspiring redevelopment and beautification within a four-square-mile area of DeKalb County, Georgia.
GHHCDC advocates for better business, beautiful streetscapes, protected greenspace and enhanced business standards. Our efforts concentrate on an overlay zoning district adopted unanimously by the Board of Commissioners in 2011. GHHCDC a nonprofit, volunteer-run corporation, which was formed in 2013 and received its 501(c)(3) status in 2015.
Our 2022 accomplishments include:
- Planted 56 trees on S. Hairston in Nov. 2022 with the tremendous help of Trees Atlanta and volunteers. This is part of an ongoing streetscape beautification effort. We planted 50 trees on S. Hairston in 2021.
- Mulched the 50 trees we planted last year and the median across from Kroger. Continued to keep the median clean and green.
- Actively supported the new law that requires convenience stores and high-risk businesses to own and operate a video surveillance system (passed Dec. 13, 2022 after years of work by Commissioner Cochran-Johnson.
- Continue to advocate for a new law that would tie business licenses to complying with DeKalb County Codes (violations would hold up the business license until the business complied).
- Petitioned for the removal of semitrucks parked at Redan Village.
- Monitor zoning applications in the area, working with developers as needed, to ensure compatibility with community standards.
- Work with Friends of Hairston Park to solicit grants (effort resulted in new playground, pavilion, and paths).
- Engage in anti-litter campaigns.
- Enlist Code Enforcement to require retail and shopping centers to comply with county standards.
Join us or make your gift today. You can donate through Paypal at this link . Or mail your contribution to:
Greater Hidden Hills CDC
P.O. Box 1811
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
If your company matches donations, please apply. It will maximize your gift!
Membership is $25 annually per individual and $125 for subdivisions and businesses. You can mail in the membership form (which is on the link below).