The Greater Hidden Hills Community Development District is dedicated to making this area prosperous, attractive, and green. We have special zoning in DeKalb County that ensures a better business environment, beautiful streetscapes, and protected greenspace.
Zoning allows streamlined approval for these community-supported businesses:
- Art gallery, cultural facilities, movie theaters, and art supply stores
- Banks, credit unions and financial institutions
- Business and professional offices
- Production, audio and video studios
- Educational services
- Fitness and health centers
- Medical and health services and supplies
- Mixed-use development
- Restaurants and late night establishments
- Retail shops
- Animal hospital or clinic, supplies, grooming
- Personal services such as day spas, beauty and barber shops, laundry and dry cleaning, alteratins and repair
- Family entertainment centers, including bowling and games
When businesses invest in a better appearance, they will not be alone. The code requires a pleasing look for all architecture, signs, parking lots, and streetscapes in new development. It also promotes consumer spending by making it easy to connect on foot, by bike, and by motorized transit.
The mixed-use option promotes higher return on development. Mixed-use development is permitted at the intersections of Covington Hwy/S. Hairston, S.Hairston/Redan, Redan/Panola, and Panola/Young, and along Covington Hwy from Panola to S.Hairston. This zoning allows up to 70 percent residential in zones that used to be all commercial.
The overlay zoning district:
- Encourages economic development and smart growth
- Attracts preferred types of businesses
- Conserves greenspace
- Creates design standards for new buildings, signage, landscaping, streetscaping, and parking lots
- Improves connectivity on foot, by bike, and by motorized transit.
For an economic profile, click this link. Economic Profile Greater Hidden Hills